Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Yes it is a clumsy process..

I have always had an interest in photography, I'm not sure why. To capture something interesting or beautiful on film has always been one of my interests. I ,as you well may know, have little if any technical abilities. Technical data, millimeter this..ram that...this kinda stuff confuses me ..and clogs my brain.

One of the  happenstance meetings I have been lucky enough to encounter is with Matt Wittenrich. He is a PHD student in Marine Bio at FIT, a world renowned pioneer in the breeding of saltwater tropical fish, a professional photographer and an avid fishermen. He uses my bosses fish to take photos of, and  creates works of art in the finished application.Here is Witt's website .

I pick his brain about fish photography every chance I get. I could never hope to copy his impressive and artistic work, but I do  listen intently when he talks over my head with free advice .

Here is an example of what I have learned...

Photo #1

photo #2:


One of the lessons learned?
Photoshop makes things happen.
And I cannot figure out  layers,,,,I just cannot.