Saturday, January 28, 2012

Bouganvilla, from my yard..

My favorite memory of a bouganvilla plant  is from  a few years ago. While trimming this landscaping disaster , full of thorns...which was the size of a house..in an overgrown yard..

we parked our tired and cut up arms, legs and  butt's under a star fruit tree...and took a break mid way through the trimming..

Mike said.."Eat this"...and produced a star fruit..on a hot, muggy and frustrating day...It's sweet and refreshing taste was a more than welcome respite from the tortuous activity we were  engaged in.

I cut this bouganvilla branch  from a plant in my yard. I have not trimmed this plant in three years.

It is winter here in Central Florida,,thus the wilting..

I unfortunately,  have no star fruit trees in my yard....

I do not plan on trimming my bouganvilla  monstrosity any time soon..




EDIT

after a few days of rumination and reflection....these are , by far, the worst photos
of Bouganvilla ever taken....they are bad....really bad... embarrassingly bad...

but hey..whatever... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind...this is how I unwind,,,