Friday, June 26, 2009

The fish "You Sold Me " is DEAD

Well quit frankly, "the Fish You Bought Is Dead".

Buying a saltwater water fish is , at best, a roll of the dice. The outcome is never a predetermined one. Will the fish succumb to disease, aggression, bad water quality or mishandling? Or will the fish adapt well and give the costumer years of enjoyment?

When a shop purchases an invertebrate or fish, there is rarely any sort of guarantee. Occasionally , if the animal arrives dead, a credit will be applied to the next purchase from the vendor. That is it. That's all there is.

I had a costumer buy a yellow tang the other day. We had the yellow tang for about a weeks time. He bought it and took it home, and killed it within a week.
Here are some of his plea's as to why we should replace the fish or refund his money:

You guys tested my water and said it was fine,

You told me it would get along fine with my other fish,

I acclimated it like you told me too,

I'm a man who lives a christian life, and would not lie to you..

You promised me, with guarantee of monetary remitince or replacement, that if the yellow tang died, You would personally see to it that I would get my money back or recieve a new fish of greater value..( He did not actually say this, but this was later implied.)

My response?

Talk to the owner,

His response?

All sales final!


We are actually going to give the guy a discount on the next fish he buys. Did I mention we tested the guys water for free and spend about 45 minutes with him every time he buys a fish? A cheap fish ,I might add.

He works at a bank. I wonder if I can get a low interest rate on my next loan. Somehow I don't think he is going to hook me up. Even if I throw in my new found love for the Omniscient Being , overseer and ruler of the heavens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind...this is how I unwind,,,