Monday, January 24, 2011

Hit a snag,,in capturing Reef Tank images...

Went to today's Reef Club meeting  armed with my trusty camera,two lenses and a tripod.  I had planned on taking pictures of the host's tank,his corals and the hardy souls who gather together ,monthly, to celebrate Reef keeping.

Things did not go as planned.

The host has a bowed tank. The glass is curved. Nothing looked in focus. The distortion was , without exaggerating in any way,  impressive.

A few of the folks present, who obviously new more about cameras than I do, made some suggestions,but lets just say , my "recycle bin" was utilized with great fervor this evening.

My new glass was useless. The tripod was extra useless.

I was able to get a few shots of the tank at a distance that looked OK. I posted them on the forum .

Yes,I took a group photo.  Not a great one, but it served the purpose.

Half the fun at these meetings seems to be giving me grief while I struggle with the settings on my camera....

thats OK....