Sunday, January 9, 2011

"Yesterday..all my troubles seemed so far away,,"


My Five 12" Boulengerochromis microlepis's found a new home. I gave them to a fish farm in Fellsmere.

It was a donation I wish I did not want to make, but, for the good of the fish and my wallet..hard choices were made.

A friend of mine had mentioned that a fish farm was trying to breed Giant Tanganyikians and I saw an end game for the five I had to find a better,long term home.

Many years ago a documentary on Lake Tanganyika enthralled my imagination with
film of the diverse and unique piscine inhabitants of this ancient and deep body of water.

In the film..a pair of Emperor cichlids guided their hundreds of fry through the water column...it was awesome..

When I discovered these fish listed on a wholesaler's list, I quickly, if not wisely....purchased them with utter disregard as too their future..

Lesson learned?(once again) Be careful what you wish for.

The "giant tangs" quickly out grew the first tank, and then the second.

Even with the addiction to my obsession, I could not justify another expensive, large tank in my home-borne inventory. A tank that would have been outgrown at some future date, regardless ...

I did an internet search..made a phone call...and found a willing recipient for my fishes..

I may have heard a "thankyou"....not quit sure...it does not "ring in my ears" if you get my drift...

I did the best I could....